Someone read my blog! That’s right, and she recognized it with The Versatile Blog Award. I am humbled because I’m awed by the labor or love Liz has created over at http://www.thewritingreader.com. It’s one of the more creative sites that I frequent.
One of the requirements for accepting this is that I nominate 15 fellow bloggers with less than 200 followers for the award, and share 7 things about myself.
First, about me. This will be brief because I’d rather not do it. But here goes:
1. I am far more articulate on paper than with my mouth. I wonder if that’s why I’m drawn to writing, because it is here that I find my voice?
2. I am a writer and teacher. If I could add a third profession to the mix, I would become a psychologist. But it’d be easier to learn bartending than to earn another degree, so maybe I’ll just practice psychology in a bar.
3. Speaking of another degree, I’m thinking about entering a MPW (masters professional writing) program next fall. But right now it’s just a thought.
4. I love picture books with their fabulous illustrations. Ezra Jack Keats and Jan Brett are two favorite illustrators.
5. I’m participating in NaNoWrMo next month. I don’t have a novel in my head but I’m diving in anyway.
6. I enjoy breaking a rule every now and then.
7. Grateful I’m part of the online SheWrites community and for all the virtual supportive friends I’ve met there.
I do believe that all the blogs I’d like to recognize have been nominated for this award already. May I nominate them again? Or may I reserve the right to nominate at a later date as I discover new worthy blogs? I’ll go research this, or else make up my own rules! Or break this rule.